Wednesday, September 5, 2012


Speaking of Crazy……

Has anyone noticed the frequency with which we hear the word “crazy” these days? It was often used by Olympic sportscasters as in, “he worked crazy-hard for this time”, and such. Crazy-hard. Hmmm…… Not a combination I would have thought about putting together. Nevertheless, when describing our lives on Woodmont lately, crazy seems to fit quite nicely.

After 41 years of living in the same house, Buzz and I have (possibly taken leave of our senses and) decided to move across The River. If you live in our part of North Alabama, you know that The River can seem like it’s 20 miles wide. Even so, we in Colbert County sometimes swear that it is narrower to us than it is the Lauderdale folks, judging by the frequency of traffic each way. Fact is that we have changed our site of worship assembly and find the longer drive becoming burdensome. It’s not too bad now, but in a few years nobody from Florence will want to drive to Tuscumbia to fetch us if/when we are unable to drive.

We love our 50’s house! We would like to take it with us if that were feasible. Being possibly the most un-trendy folks on the planet, we’ve make it just like us ~ dated, safe, weathered, cozy and comfortable. We’ve torn out, added on, spiffed up and planted through the years. Got it just about where we wanted it ~ and we're going to leave it. Are we crazy? (That word again!)

Now we’re sprucing to sell. Got an outside painter, an inside painter and a shrub-trimmer going at the same time today. We’ve laughed thinking that it’s gonna be in such good shape we’ll really hate to turn it over someone else.  But we’ll force ourselves for the right price……

If you know me at all, you know how I hate to shop. So choosing another house looms nightmarishly before me. It’s going to be an adventure. But I often say that life is change ~ forever changing. And I guess we’re not too old to be part of the flow!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this! I expect that your next-door neighbor will have veto approval over any potential buyers, correct? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff, just talked with the special nextdoor neighbors, and they were graciously disappointed. We hope they will have good new neighbors. And I'm going to miss claiming fame in living right beside the father of Tiffany Norris (who read proficiently at age three), and Rece Davis (noted sports commentator for ESPN). Ah, well...sigh...we move on....

    ReplyDelete