Thursday, September 6, 2012


Is This the New Norm?

Today the push was really on in getting this place in shape. The outside guy was working hard, and the inside painter was under the gun to get finished. What a blessing it is to have a decorator friend who once worked at Lowe’s in the window covering department ~ when ya need blinds! Gave me a great excuse to be with her again, and use her expertise in covering a window. We were just chattering away as she measured, and we jumped in my car to head to the store. Then we each remembered something we had forgotten. As we hurriedly exited the car I realized that it was in neutral, and it started rolling out in the street. I was yelling, as if that would help, and trying unsuccessfully to get back in to the brake. (I was a vision of dignity.) The car proceeded to roll gently on as I chased it, finally stopping at the curb across the street. Fortunately no other cars were in the road. Close call.

At this point in the day, the painter is finishing up the bedroom, it’s paint store closing time and he hopes he has enough paint to finish the room. The carpet people are coming in the morning and it will be a big deal if the painting is not completed. I feel like crunch time on HGTV. It’s stressful enough to watch it on TV. Living it is definitely worse!   

3 comments:

  1. I am SO glad nothing bad happened with the car or y'all in that incident but man, I SO wish I could've seen that because after I'd known everybody was okay, I might've laughed and laughed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may enjoy knowing that after the fact we guffawed. Probably would have won cash on WFVideos...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added your blog to my blog! Love reading your stories!

    ReplyDelete