Monday, August 13, 2012

Blog Birthday ~ August 13, 2012

All about me......Hmm.....Where do I start? And more importantly where do I stop? Maybe I'll just jump in in the middle and see where it goes. I'm officially an elderly woman. I know this for certain because the newspaper will identify a traffic accident victim my age as "the elderly woman...." Even so, I think I am a case of arrested development because inside I am still about 19 years old. In my life I have taught jr. high history in a large city; been a welfare social worker in a much smaller one; been a SAHM to twin sons; owned and managed a small retail business; and am now enjoying retirement ~ finding life to be fuller and busier than I ever dreamed possible.
It may soon be obvious, if not already apparent, that I have absolutely no journalistic training past English Comp 101. However my mother was an English and journalism teacher; and I would not have dared put out anything for the public to read while she was living lest she give in to her irresistible urge to edit. In recent years I have found it helpful to write out my thoughts in an attempt to bring coherence to the jumble that fills my mind. Somehow through written composition my thoughts become more focused and organized ~ and I make more sense to myself. (Does that make any sense?) My Facebook posts are too long and don't seem to fit the norm, whatever that is, and I just can't bring myself to advise my friends as to every time I'm tired, or suffer stress, or want to go shopping, or, or,........... So blogging for me, as I now see it, is my effort to journal a bit, allowing any who care to peek at the persiflage of my ordinary, but authentic life. (I've always wanted to keep a journal, but my handwriting is illegible and only confuses me 12 hours after it's written. Computers have changed my life!)
Considering that you are reading my ideas, I would love to hear yours. Of course, keep it clean, and please be kind to all. I put great stock in civility, and I hope my friends do as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment